Description

Living the stylish life in California's Monterey Bay!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Good Bye Ombre Hair! Hello Brunette

Yesterday I decided to get rid of my ombre hair. I had it dyed at the height of the trend in 2012. I loved how low maintenance the color was, especially after having full highlights for years. It looked really natural too, most people just thought my hair had naturally grown out or had faded from the sun. I wish! It actually took almost 5 hours to color it, but my stylist did an amazing job.
Warm brown to straw blonde ombre hair

But alas, after seeing how much the color had faded and grown out, I decided my beachy mermaid hair had to go. So I decided to go back to being a full brunette, and let me tell you, its a lot hard to get rid of ombre than you would think! First she did a root touch up for my base color. Then I didn't want to do all over color and wanted to keep some of the highlights, so my stylist painted on lowlights to match my base color with the bayalage technique. Afterwards she toned the ends to blend it all in.

Brown Bayalage highlights
I love it! I also got long layers and a couple of inches cut off and it feels fantastic. My hair is so bouncy now and feels less dry since all the bleached blonde ends are gone. The best part is that since the color is Aveda I'll be able to keep it up with my stylist in Monterey. I usually got to the Adara Salon in Pacific Grove. When I'm in LA I always go to the Aveda Institute in Westwood. Its such a good deal since the work is done by students.





No comments:

Post a Comment